This is a great recipe for any time of day! Try in the morning for a warming breakfast. Remember to go for the full fat greek yogurt, or use any other kind of organic yogurt. If sensitive to dairy, try a goat or sheeps milk yogurt.
By: Laura Rymar
2 large sweet potatoes
2 T almond butter
¼ c plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp maple syrup
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp orange zest
2 T chopped pecans
2 tsp ground flax seed, ground
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Clean sweet potatoes thoroughly, leaving skin on. Wrap in parchment paper and then foil. Place in oven and cook for about 40 minutes or until soft.
3. Meanwhile, mix yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup and orange zest together.
4. When potatoes are ready, remove from oven and let cool.
5. Split down the center and spread 1 T of almond butter each. Top each with generous drizzle of cinnamon yogurt sauce.
6. Sprinkle each evenly with chopped pecans and ground flax seed.